GW311616 br Conclusion br Lymphadenectomy may have a
Lymphadenectomy may have a therapeutic value and be significantly associated with im-proved survival in advanced stage ovarian cancer patients. The effect of lymphadenectomy on PFS was only found in patients with early stage and advanced stage disease with >10 GW311616 node removed. In advanced stage patients, pelvic + paraaortic lymphadenectomy has more sur-vival benefit compared to pelvic lymphadenectomy alone.
2. Heintz PM, Odicino F, Maisonneuve P, et al. Carcinoma of the ovary. FIGO 26th annual report on the results of treatment in gynecological cancer. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2006;95(Suppl 1):S161–S192.
3. Trimbos B, Timmers P, Pecorelli S, et al. Surgical staging and treatment of early ovarian cancer: long-term analysis from a randomized trial. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2010;102:982–987.
4. Ayhan A, Gultekin M, Dursun P, et al. Metastatic lymph node number in epithelial ovarian carcinoma: does it have any clinical significance? Gynecol Oncol. 2008;108:428–432.
5. Ayhan A, Gultekin M, Taskiran C, et al. Lymphatic metastasis in epithelial ovarian carcinoma with respect to clinico-pathological variables. Gynecol Oncol. 2005;97:400–404.
6. Aletti GD, Dowdy S, Podratz KC, Cliby WA. Role of lymphadenectomy in the management of grossly apparent ad-vanced stage epithelial ovarian cancer. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006;195:1862–1868.
7. Zivanovic O, Sheinfeld J, Abu-Rustum NR. Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection (RPLND). Gynecol Oncol. 2008;111(Suppl 2).
8. Kikkawa F, Ishikawa H, Tamakoshi K, et al. Prognostic evaluation of lymphadenectomy for epithelial ovarian cancer. J Surg Oncol. 1995;60:227–231.
10. du Bois A, Reuss A, Harter P, Pujade-Lauraine E, Ray-Coquard I, Pfisterer J. Potential role of lymphadenectomy in advanced ovarian cancer: a combined exploratory analysis of three prospectively randomized phase III multicenter trials. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:1733–1739.
14. Panici PB, Maggioni A, Hacker N, et al. Systematic aortic and pelvic lymphadenectomy versus resection of bulky nodes only in optimally debulked advanced ovarian cancer: a randomized clinical trial. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005;97:560–566.
15. Zhou Jinhong, Shan Guoping, Chen Yiwen. The effect of lymphadenectomy on survival and recurrence in patients with ovarian cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis Japanese. J Clin Oncol. 2016;46:718–726.
16. Gao J, Yang X, Zhang Y. Systematic lymphadenectomy in the treatment of epithelial ovarian cancer: a Genetic code meta-analysis of multiple epidemiology studies. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2015;45:49–60.
18. Oshita T, Itamochi H, Nishimura R, et al. Clinical impact of systematic pelvic and para-aortic lymphadenectomy for pT1 and pT2 ovarian cancer: a retrospective survey by the Sankai Gynecology Study Group. Int J Clin Oncol. 2013;18:1107–1113.
19. Abe A, Furumoto H, Irahara M, et al. The impact of systematic para-aortic and pelvic lymphadenectomy on survival in patients with optimally debulked ovarian cancer. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2010;36:1023–1030.
21. Maggioni A, Benedetti Panici P, Dell’Anna T, et al. Randomised study of systematic lymphadenectomy in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer macroscopically confined to the pelvis. Br J Cancer. 2006;95:699–704.
22. Ho CM, Chien TY, Shih BY, Huang SH. Evaluation of complete surgical staging with pelvic and para-aortic lym-phadenectomy and paclitaxel plus carboplatin chemotherapy for improvement of survival in stage I ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2003;88:394–399.
23. Maggioni a, Benedetti Panici P, Dell’Anna T, et al. Randomised study of systematic lymphadenectomy in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer macroscopically confined to the pelvis. Br J Cancer. 2006;95:699–704.
24. Schwartz L, Schrot-Sanyan S, Brigand C, et al. Impact of pelvic and paraaortic lymphadenectomy in advanced ovarian cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:5503–5509.
25. Chang SJ, Bristow RE, Ryu HS. Prognostic significance of systematic lymphadenectomy as part of primary debulking surgery in patients with advanced ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2012;126:381–386.
26. du Bois A, Reuss A, Harter P, Pujade-Lauraine E, Ray-Coquard I, Pfisterer JArbeitsgemeinschaft Gynaekologische Onkologie Studiengruppe Ovarialkarzinom; Groupe d’Investigateurs Nationaux pour l’Etude des Cancers Ovariens. Potential role of lymphadenectomy in advanced ovarian cancer: a combined exploratory analysis of three prospec-tively randomized phase III multicenter trials. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:1733–1739.
28. Panici PB, Maggioni A, Hacker N, et al. Systematic aortic and pelvic lymphadenectomy versus resection of bulky nodes only in optimally debulked advanced ovarian cancer: a randomized clinical trial. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005;97:560–566.